Advanced Metering Infrastructure
Mount Pleasant Waterworks (MPW) has contracted with U.S. Bronco Services for the installation of an Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) system. Advanced metering technology enables the wireless transmission of water meter readings directly to MPW from regional collectors located on existing water towers and antennas. This innovative system will collect multiple reads per day, allowing for better detection of continuous consumption, closer meter reading and billing dates, and improved customer service.
Benefits to Customers:
- MPW can provide your detailed consumption (hourly readings), a customer portal to provide you with access is planned for the future;
- Smarter decisions regarding service and usage;
- Higher reliability due to timely readings;
- Closer meter reading and billing dates;
- Problem solving capabilities;
- Improved customer engagement and service.
Benefits to MPW:
- Improve customer relationship;
- Increase efficiency in billing and customer service;
- Improve operations;
- Reduced labor and travel for meter reading;
- Improve non-revenue water analysis;
- Improve workforce management;
- Reduce carbon footprint;
- Improve safety and security.
Advanced Metering also supports MPW's commitment to preserving and protecting the environment.
- Carbon emissions will be greatly reduced by taking meter readers off the road.
- MPW's ability to quickly detect and stop leaks will be greatly enhanced.
- By providing up-to- date water usage data, customers can improve their efforts to conserve.